24-Hour Emergency Service
Morrison, Inc. is Always Ready for you with 24-Hour Emergency Service
To reach us outside of our regular business hour, during weekends, and holidays call 740-373-5664, 740-516-0602, or toll free 800-477-1468. If no answer, call 740-236-0298 or 740-371-4298.
Basic Troubleshooting Guide
Simple things to try before calling Morrison, Inc.
If you are having trouble with your heating or cooling system, we at Morrison, Inc. are always available to provide prompt, professional service. But if you want to do a little troubleshooting before calling to request a service technician be sent to your home, here are a few simple things to try.
Air Conditioning Equipment Checklist
- Check to make sure that your thermostat is turned to the "cool" position and that the temperature setting is lower than the room temperature.
- Check to make sure your outdoor air conditioning (condensing unit) is running.
- If it's not running, check the circuit breakers in the electrical panel (a.k.a. Breaker box) to make sure they are all in the "ON" position.
- If still not running, check the outdoor unit's "disconnect switch" to make sure it is in the "ON" position. The disconnect switch is located near the outdoor unit, normally a gray 6" wide x 6" high x 4" deep box mounted to the wall.
- Check to make sure the blower motor in your furnace is running. (If the thermostat is in the "cool" position, the furnace blower should be running.)
- If it's not running, make sure the furnace’s on/off switch is in the "ON" position.
- Have you have changed the filter in your furnace recently? An extremely blocked filter can cause your outdoor air conditioner unit to shut down due to lack of proper airflow.
- Check all return air grilles to make sure they are not blocked by furniture. Return air grilles must have at least four inches of clear space for adequate air supply.
Furnace Equipment Checklist
- Check to make sure that your thermostat is set in the "heat" position.
- Make sure that the temperature setting on the thermostat is set above (or higher than) the indoor temperature showing on the thermostat.
- Ensure that there is power to the furnace.
- Try turning the fan to 'ON' using the fan switch on the thermostat to test for power to furnace.
- Check the circuit breakers at the electrical panel.
- Check the power switch (it looks like a light switch on a gray box located at the furnace) to be sure it is in the 'ON' position.
- Has the furnace filter been replaced recently?
- All 1” thick furnace filters should be replaced monthly.
- Wider filters (2” thick or thicker) and other high-capacity, pleated filters can most likely be changed every other month or just 6 times per year.
- If the system is running but you have not changed your filter, the filter may need to be replaced.
- Check all return air grilles to make sure they are not blocked by furniture and all supply air registers to make sure they are open and blowing air. (The return air grilles are normally located on your walls and are wide and flat).
If these basic checklists do not solve your problem, don't hesitate to contact Morrison, Inc. for service. We'll be happy to help you get back to comfortable!